- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Eating This One Thing Will Improve Your Mood
Another study, conducted by the UCLA School of Medicine found that those who consumed yogurt twice each day had noticeable changes in the way in which their brains responded to their environment.
This was a small study that involved 36 women between the ages of 18 and 53. They were divided into three groups. Group 1 ate yogurt with live bacterial cultures containing probiotics, twice each day for 4 weeks. Group two ate a dairy product with no live bacteria and group 3 received no dairy products at all.
Researchers conducted MRI brain scans both before and after the study on these subjects. The women were then asked to match a series of angry or fearful faces on a computer while their brains were being scanned.
The results showed that during their matching task, the group that ate probiotic filled yogurt had reduced activity in the brain, including the somatosensory cortex, which receives sensory information.
As a result of this study, scientists are hopeful that one day probiotics could pay a vital role in helping patients with mood disorders that cause them pain and emotional upset.