- 12 Superior Herbs And Spices To Fight The Battle Of The Bulge
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Of This Delicious Tropical Fruit, And Don’t Forget The Seeds!
- The Morning Drink that will Give You a Healthy Liver
- How To Save Real Money On Real Food
- Top Ways To Make Your Coffee Or Tea Habit Healthier
- Danger Signs You Have Poor Circulation and How to Fix It Naturally
- The Super Anti-Aging Oil You’ve Never Heard About
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Your Favorite Nuts!
Nuts are super tasty, but they are perhaps the most underrated snacks around. Some of the health benefits of nuts are absolutely astounding, offering us everything from lower cholesterol levels to a lower risk of developing cancer.
The sad truth is most Americans don’t eat enough nuts. They actually account for less than 8 percent of our intake of antioxidants every day. This might be because people are in a way afraid that nuts contain too much fat or that nuts are old fashioned or boring. Whatever the reason, it’s a terrible shame that we aren’t eating more nuts and filling ourselves with fiber, protein, healthy fats, and minerals.
Don’t believe it? Keep reading and check out everything your favorite nut has to offer you so you can stop feeling guilty about eating them!
1. Hazelnuts: So Much More Than a Coffee Flavoring
Although it’s true that hazelnuts make terrific flavoring for coffee and baked goods, did you know that hazelnuts are high in those healthy monounsaturated fats? Monounsaturated fats can improve overall cardiovascular health and even help to manage type 2 diabetes.
Hazelnuts are also high in vitamin E, an important antioxidant that is important for skin healthy and the prevention of cataracts, reduce the risk of dementia and prevent macular degeneration.