- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Forget Fig Bars, Check out the 10 Health Benefits of Real Figs
6. Support bone health
Due to their high potassium and calcium contents, figs are perfect for supporting healthy bones and helping you to avoid osteoporosis.
People have long believed that eating figs is a natural aphrodisiac and can help improve male sexual stamina as well as pleasure.
8. Heart healthy
Figs contain a good balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, along with potassium, all of which can help lower blood pressure levels and prevent heart attacks.
9. Hemorrhoid help
The fiber in figs can help stop or prevent the formation of hemorrhoids.
10. Great for the skin
Figs are a great source of a compound called psoralens, which is used to treat skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.
Figs are picked ripe from the tree but since dried figs are so popular, many people have never actually eaten a raw, ripe fig. They have an unusual texture but they are so sweet, you will have to have plenty of willpower to not eat too many.
Figs need to be picked when they are ripe so they have a very short shelf life, which is why you see more dried figs than fresh figs. If you truly love figs, plant a tree! They grow almost anywhere and give fruit almost all year. Figs freeze very well, too. Put them in a freezer bag and they are good for up to 6 months.
Once you eat fresh figs, you will never eat those chemical laden fig bars ever again!