- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Get Rid of Ants Naturally, Inexpensively, and Permanently
4. Coffee Grounds
For some unknown reason, ants don’t like the way coffee smells. So take those used coffee grounds and sprinkle them around the perimeter of your home, at entry points, and in the garden, to keep them out of your way. Find out more 15 outstanding ways to recycle used coffee grounds.
Now salt won’t kill ants, but they won’t walk over salt for some reason. Sprinkle salt everywhere you think they might enter or hang out such as along cement cracks, in garbage pails, outside trash cans, under doorways. Just be sure to keep it out of anyplace you want to grow plants because although salt will not kill ants, it certainly does kill plants.
This is a folk remedy that works although no one knows the reason why. Ants will not cross a chalk line. So grab some chalk from your kid’s toys, or buy some at your local dollar store, and draw all over your property so keep ants from trespassing on your property. You will need to reapply after it rains, however.
7. Corn Meal
This won’t kill those ants directly, but if you find that ants have decided to live, for example, underneath your house, so you can’t reach the nest directly, corn meal is the way to go. It’s harmless to animals and humans, so leave little containers all over your property and in rooms where you find ants. They love corn meal! Their bodies just can’t process it. So ants eat the corn meal, take it back to the nest with them and pass it along but within hours it swells up in their stomachs and they die.
Continue to Page 3