- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Get Rid of Ants Naturally, Inexpensively, and Permanently
8. Baby powder
Like chalk and salt, ants won’t walk over baby powder either, so if you have ants and you have a big bottle of baby powder you don’t know what to do with, spread it around the entire place where you think they are gaining entry.
9. Lemon Juice
Although lemon juice is good for your health, ants don’t like it. Spray pure lemon juice around openings and in places where you see ants walking. Watch how quickly lemon juice seems to mess up their little tracking system. Ants will quickly make tracks in the opposite direction.
10. Boiling Water
This is another tried and true method that works well when you find mounds around your property. Remember that boiling water will kill everything it touches so don’t let it near plants you want to keep and if the mound is in your lawn, be prepared for a patch of dead grass. Simply boil a large pot of water and pour it directly into the mound. You might want to do this a couple times to be sure you reached all areas underground. Then pour another couple pots around the outside of the mound, to kill any escapees and destroy any trails they have. Check daily to see if you have any more activity. If you should see any more ants, repeat the process. This is very cheap, easy to do, and remarkably effective. Read more about natural bug sprays for your garden.