- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Ginger: The Super Root?!
Ginger Fights Inflammation
There’s that “I” word again. Inflammation is part of the body’s natural mechanism for healing injuries and fighting disease, but it can often occur when it’s not necessary, and can contribute to all kinds of health problems if this happens on a regular basis, even if it isn’t noticeable.
Ginger’s anti-inflammatory properties make it effective for reducing muscle soreness. Researchers found that eating just 2 grams of ginger a day over a course of 11 days reduced post-exercise muscle and joint pain.
Ginger’s natural anti-inflammatory properties can provide relief even for people with serious conditions like osteoarthritis. One study found that supplementation with ginger root extract helped decrease pain in patients with osteoarthritis, lowering the need for medication.
It lowers blood sugar
Some new research offers hope to people suffering from type 2 diabetes. A 12-week study on the effectiveness of ginger in lowering blood sugar found that consuming 2 grams of ginger per day led to a 12 percent reduction in blood sugar levels. It also lowered h1Abc (glycated hemoglobin) levels by 10 percent.
Continue to Page 3