- How To Treat High Blood Pressure Naturally Infographic
- Want To Live To 100? Top Tips To Do Exactly That
- Devious Name Change For High Fructose Corn Syrup
- What Is Lion’s Mane And Why Is It So Good For Your Health? Video
- Best 8 Knockout Kidney Detox Juice Recipes
- Top 10 Household Items Known To Cause Cancer
- 55 Healthy Snacks Under 200 Calories For Any Taste Infographic
How Knitting Can Improve Your Health!
Many people would be surprised to learn that manual tasks like knitting can actually improve one’s health. But new evidence has shown that knitting may be the perfect remedy for certain physical and emotional maladies.
1. Anxiety and Stress Relief
It’s fairly common knowledge that chronic stress and anxiety will take a toll on your health. If left untreated, it can cause high blood pressure, increased risk of heart attack, and a weakened immune system among other things. But even before any of those problems develop, stress can have a debilitating effect on one’s quality of life.
Luckily, knitting may be just the solution. Studies done on people suffering from various forms of anxiety have demonstrated that knitting can alleviate the symptoms by making the practitioner engage in a physical task that demands attention and focus.
Doing anything you enjoy can have a calming effect and anchor you in the present moment, knitting may be a better choice than other activities for some people.
Brain scans have shown that using the hands for manual tasks, like knitting, triggers activity in about 60 percent of the brain. When your mind is engaged on performing a job, you’re not thinking about things that bother you and stressing yourself out. A survey done by the British Journal of Occupational Medicine on 3,500 people found that over 80 percent of those surveyed felt much happier after a session of knitting.
Continue to Page 2