- 5 Natural Moisturizers You Can Use Instead Of Store-Bought Synthetics Video
- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- DIY Easy Warming Oil For Stiff Or Sore Joints And Muscles (Better Than Tiger Balm)
- Top 10 Reasons to Drink Lemon and Warm Water
- 4 Harmful Skin Care Ingredients Infographic
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- This One Spice Stops Heart Attacks, Restores Gut Bacteria, And Kills Cancer Cells!
How to Avoid the Holiday Sugar Train
It’s virtually a no-brainer that sugar is not good for you, but just how bad is refined sugars? The list is long and keeps getting longer. Studies tell us what anyone who has fallen hard into the sugared doughnut hole already knows; the more we eat, the more we want. Addiction to sugar is very real and don’t let anyone tell you that it’s not! Scientists know that when we eat sugar, the same “oh-my-heavens-that-is-so-good!” part of our brains, known as the pleasure center, lights up like the 4th of July. It’s the same high, and the same location in the brain, that is stimulated by alcohol, smoking and drugs.
You already know that sugar is the nasty little habit behind many of our health related problems. Sugar has been linked to liver damage, heart failure, even cancer. Most of us end up eating as much as 4 times more sugar then we realize because sugar is hidden in almost every food we consume. Many people mistakenly believe that if they stay away from candy and cookies that they aren’t consuming sugar, but that isn’t the case. If you are consuming fast foods, junk foods, or processed foods, then you are probably taking in far more sugar than you realize and far more than what is considered to be safe.
Did you know, however, that some studies have found that sugar can age you faster than normal? A study recently published recently discovered that sugar speeds up the body’s aging process by shortening the length of chromosomes. In short; that lunchtime can of soda sends a sugar surge to the system that will make you look older, faster. Wow.
Continue to Page 2