- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How to Fight Colds and the Flu with Baking Soda
It’s believed that, when consumed internally, baking soda maintains the proper pH balance in the bloodstream. This is the basic idea anyway, and why it is recommended to fight cold and flu symptoms. Published in 1924, a booklet entitled “Arm and Hammer Baking Soda Medical Uses”; Dr. Volney S. Cheney talks about his clinical success with baking soda in treating cold and influenza symptoms.
He states “In 1918 and 1919, while fighting the flu with the U.S. Public Health Service, it was brought to my attention that rarely anyone who had been thoroughly alkalinized with bicarbonate of soda contracted this disease, and those who did contract it, if alkalinized early, would invariably have mild attacks.”
Dr. Cheney goes on to say that he began treating people infected with cold and flu viruses using baking soda and that, for most cases, all symptoms were gone within the first 36 hours. He stated that he also believed that by taking just a bit of baking soda daily, that would be the perfect preventative against contracting cold and flus.
Taking baking soda is easy, inexpensive, and completely harmless. Simply dissolve the following recommended amounts in a glass of cold water and drink it. The recommendations given back in 1925 were:
- The First Day – Take ½ teaspoon of baking soda every two hours for a total of 6 doses
- The Second Day – Take ½ teaspoon every two hours for a total of 4 doses
- The Third Day – Take ½ teaspoon in the morning and again before bed
- After this, take ½ teaspoon every morning until all symptoms subside, or continue to consume this same amount for protection from further infection.
As always, rather than get a toxic flu shot every year, your best protection from the flu or cold germs is to keep your immune system strong by eating a healthy, plant based diet. When you take good care of your mind and body, through sleep, nutrition, exercise, and relaxation, you will keep most illnesses out of your life.