- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
- The Amazing, Edible Weed That Is Packed With Nutrition
- 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Avoid This One Type Of Food At All Costs!
- 12 Superior Herbs And Spices To Fight The Battle Of The Bulge
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Of This Delicious Tropical Fruit, And Don’t Forget The Seeds!
- The Morning Drink that will Give You a Healthy Liver
How to Fight Colds and the Flu with Baking Soda
Known for centuries as a multipurpose substance that has a multitude of uses, baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) is a staple in every household in America. Although it is thought of mainly for cooking, cleaning, and removing odors from your fridge, baking soda also has medicinal purposes that go way beyond stopping indigestion.
Baking soda can be used for brushing your teeth, or even removing splinters. It’s on the same level as hydrogen peroxide as one of the safest, yet most inexpensive, home health tools you can use. Most people find they can buy a box of baking soda for a about a dollar, so it’s only common sense that you should learn all you can about all the different ways you can use baking soda.
Baking soda, in its natural form is called nahcolite. It’s part of a natural mineral natron, which contains mostly sodium bicarbonate. Even the Egyptians used natural natron as a type of soap for cleansing. Throughout history many civilizations used baking soda in various forms to make breads and other foods that rise.
However, in 1846, John Dwight and Dr. Austin Church decided to try to manufacture and sell the baking soda you have in your kitchen today. A huge success, by the 1860’s, baking soda was being featured in well published cookbooks and in the 1930’s, was advertised everywhere as a “powerful and proven medical agent.” A stroke of marketing genius in 1972 came up with the idea of keeping a box of baking soda in your fridge to keep it smelling fresh. This idea is still popular today and chances are excellent you have one in your fridge, and maybe your freezer, right now!
Even though Arm and Hammer has been selling baking soda for more than 150 years, many people are still unaware that it can fight cold and flu symptoms like nothing else on earth.
Continue to Page 2