- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
- 15 Of The Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies Most Americans Have
- This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
- 12 Toxic Compounds Hiding In This One Thing You Use Every Single Day
- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
Top 12 Amazing Ideas for Making Your Home Smell Great Naturally
Everyone wants their home or apartment to smell super fresh, clean, and nice. If you’ve thought about buying some of those chemical filled, toxic plug in type air fresheners or the gel discs that are sold in most supermarkets, think again. Yes, they smell nice, but they are simply loaded with toxic chemicals and wax. This only adds to the toxic load that our bodies are trying to deal with already. Besides, with so many great ways to make your home smell great naturally, you have plenty of options besides adding more dangerous chemicals to your home.
Check out our top 12 ideas that will make your house or apartment smell great naturally.
1. Make Your Own Spray
Fill a spray bottle with about 8 ounces (1 cup) of water then add about 30 drops of your favorite essential oil. Shake well, and then use as a room spray! Lavender is a natural choice but you can use any scent that you like. If you want, try citrus oils such as wild orange, grapefruit, lemon, or tangerine. If you prefer flowers, try rose, lilac, or jasmine. For the man in your life, try cedarwood or lemongrass.
2. Automatic Bathroom Freshener
If you want a cheap, all natural bathroom freshener, simply take a cotton swab and dip each end into your favorite essential oil, or put one end in one oil and one end in a different scented oil, such as one end in rose and the other in geranium. Place that swab behind the toilet or attach it to the inside of the toilet paper roll with a piece of tape. You can also put two or three drops of essential oil on the inside of the cardboard paper roll. Read more about essential oils benefits for our health.
3. Garbage Disposal Deodorizer
If your garbage disposal smells sour, or it still smells of last night’s liver and onions, simply put a few lemon, orange, grapefruit, or lime peels and run those through the disposal for a cleaning smell.
4. Sweet Dreams
To make your bedroom smell nice and give you sweet dreams, take a cotton ball and dip it in some chamomile or lavender essential oil, then put it inside your pillowcase. This is a subtle fragrance that will help you fall asleep faster and should give you pleasant dreams.
Continue to Page 2