- 7 Surprising Health Benefits Of Love
- Not Only Genetics Assure Fast Metabolism, But These 7 Things As Well
- 10 Tips To Stop Consuming Fluoride, Even If It’s Not In Your Water
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- Britain Appoints Minister Of Loneliness To Combat Epidemic
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
Homemade Toothpaste Recipe that Remineralizes and Whitens Naturally!
The best way to maintain good oral health is to eat a healthy diet. Avoid sugar, GMO’s, artificial flavors, colors, or artificial sweeteners. Eat plenty of raw, organic produce and avoid processed foods. When we eat a perfectly healthy diet, and perform a regular oral hygiene routine, you can re-mineralize you teeth, rebuild tooth enamel, and heal damaged gums.
Supermarket and drug store shelves are filled with toxic toothpastes that contain dangerous chemicals, including fluoride. Now you can buy “natural” toothpastes that are outrageously overpriced, which is difficult to explain since they mostly contain inexpensive ingredients.
Forget all those commercial whiteners, toxic toothpastes, and fluoride treatments that contain ingredients you don’t want in your house, let alone in your mouth! Try this inexpensive, homemade, all natural toothpaste that will whiten your teeth naturally, and remineralize them as well.
- 5 Tablespoons of calcium powder
- 1 Tablespoon diatomaceous earth, food grade ( this is optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons xylitol powder ( this is optional but it helps to keep the mixture from tasting too bitter)
- 3 to 5 Tablespoons coconut oil ( add until you reach desired texture)
- 3 or 4 drops essential oil for flavor (try mint, orange, grapefruit seed extract, peppermint, or cinnamon)
Mix all powdered ingredients together in a bowl. If you need to use calcium tablets, grind them in your food processor first until they are in a powdered form. If you have calcium capsules, just break them open and pour them into your bowl.
Now add the coconut oil one tablespoon at a time until you get the desired texture. Now add any of your optional ingredients, including the essential oils, if you are going to use them.
You can store this mixture in a small, sealed container, such as a glass jar. Dip your toothbrush into the mixture, or use something else like a spoon or wooden Popsicle stick to place a small amount on your toothbrush. If you like this mixture a little bit on the soft side, you could even try putting it inside a plastic bag, then cut a very small corner off of the bag and squeeze your toothpaste out that way.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 10 Foods that Naturally Give You Whiter Teeth
You might notice that this recipe does not call for hydrogen peroxide, something that is commonly added to not only many commercial toothpastes, but to many homemade recipes. Why does this recipe not include this? Hydrogen peroxide is safe to put in your mouth, but it is not safe to swallow this. Also, for some people, it can irritate the gums. Using hydrogen peroxide in anything that your kids might get into or for anyone with sensitive or diseased gums is not a good idea.