- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How To Make It Through The Holidays Without Gaining An Ounce
5. Make sure your selections are worth the calories
There are many desserts that look so decadent you just can’t pass them up. That is fine, and you don’t have to miss out. Just make sure that what you are eating tastes as good as it looks. If it does, take a small amount, and enjoy every bite.
6. Don’t be unrealistic
No one would expect you to sit in an ice cream parlor in the summer and not have even a scoop of ice cream. The same is true for the holiday season. It would be unrealistic to expect you to attend a Christmas party without enjoying at least one or two homemade cookies. If you put yourself in a position where you must resist too many goodies at one time, you are just setting yourself up for a binge fest later on.
7. Don’t drink your calories
Decide in advance if you are going to allow yourself one or two glasses of wine at a party. If you would rather enjoy a tempting treat instead of an alcoholic beverage, then just order a glass of sparkling water with a twist of lemon or lime. Calories from booze can add up quickly, so always have water with you and sip it slowly.
8. Eat from a smaller plate
If it’s possible, look for a smaller plate when making your food selections. When all your food is all on a small plate, it will look like more, and you will eat less.
Continue to Page 3