- Reishi Mushrooms For Better Health: What You Need To Know Infographic
- Vitamins For Your Brain Health And Where To Find Them Infographic
- Want To Try Making Natural Soap? Here Is How To Start Infographic
- A Simple Illustrated Guide To Making Your Own Almond Milk Infographic
- The Reason Behind The California Hepatitis A Outbreak
- Discover Best Essential Oil Blends For Fighting Insomnia Infographic
- An In-Depth Look At The Benefits Of Veganism Infographic
How to Make Your Own Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
There is a saying that goes “there is no free lunch”, and although that might be true, there are still plenty of things in this world that are free…or next to it, and making your own apple cider vinegar is one of them !
There are plenty of recipes around, so it’s not like this is anything new, but some of these recipes are fairly complicated. Our recipe is going to show you how to make natural apple cider vinegar from nothing more than peelings from your apples. You can use some apple cores, too, if you like, but you really don’t need anything more than peelings. This is a great way to use apples that are so bruised your family doesn’t want to eat them, or if you make applesauce or apple pie, you can put those apple peels to good use.
Sugar is vital to making vinegar. You can use honey in its place but it will take much, much longer. Using sugar, you should have some apple cider vinegar in about 4 weeks; with honey, more like 7 to 8 weeks.
You should have a few glass jars for storing your vinegar. You can start by using simple Mason jars, but when you are feeling comfortable with your vinegar making skills, you can move on to larger containers.
If you have a few apple peels but not enough to make your vinegar, don’t worry. Simply put them in a plastic bag and store them in a really cold place, like a freezer, until you have collected enough!
You should always use organic apples to avoid a jar of pesticide residue laced vinegar! Yuck! And a mixture of different types of apples will make the best tasting and healthiest recipe, but you can use just one type of apple.
Are you ready to get started? Let’s go!
Continue to Page 2