- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Kill Sinus Infections, UTIs, and Bronchitis with One Little Trick
If you have ever had a sinus infection, then you know how awful they can make you feel. The pain, that that stuffed up feeling that gives you brain fog, and that sinus drip! It’s so disgusting!
There are two types of sinusitis. The first is chronic sinusitis, which is caused by fungus and/or bacteria. The swelling and inflammation this type of infection causes can last as long as 3 months if not treated. The other type is acute sinusitis, which is caused by bacteria that slowly grows throughout the sinuses. These bacteria will reach a peak, however, and then die off in about 4 weeks, if left untreated.
Most people head to the doctors for antibiotics, but this is really unnecessary as there are plenty of natural means of killing the bacteria that causes sinus infections. The overuse of antibiotics is a serious problem throughout the world, creating superbugs, which are bacteria resistant to antibiotics, and killing all the bacteria in your body, the good as well as the bad.
If you tend to suffer from sinus infections, we have good news for you. There is one herb that can kill off those sinus infections (as well as other types of infections, such as UTIs) naturally. What herb is this? Horseradish. Don’t shake your head if you are thinking of horseradish sauce and thinking that it’s gross or too strong for you. Don’t be discouraged. We will show you how to use it so that a tiny dose goes a long way.
Horseradish is an ancient plant that has been used for medicinal purposes for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Although this herb has been replaced by antibiotics in the last century, it’s making a strong comeback.
There is a tall stack of studies showing us what our ancestors already knew. Horseradish is just as effective as any synthetic antibiotic, and sometimes even more effective. This herb is super potent when it comes to clearing out upper respiratory passages and the sinuses.
Horseradish is a natural antibiotic. It also helps your body to remove mucus, which when left unattended, is the perfect breeding ground for bacteria, the type of bacteria that causes infections. By thinning the mucus in your sinuses and respiratory tract, you will be able to cough it up or blow it out of your body. (OK, this is gross, but that’s the facts!)
By consuming horseradish, you can also kill off other types of infections in the body including UTIs (urinary tract infections) and bronchitis. Horseradish is a natural diuretic as well as a natural antibiotic, so it can flush away the majority of the bacteria and kill anything that is left behind.
Continue to Page 2
There are several ways that you can use horseradish. If you like the taste, you can simply grate it and add it to whatever you are cooking or mix it in your tea, or you could even try mixing up a glass of apple cider vinegar, water, honey, and some fresh horseradish. That’s a drink that would literally revolutionize your health!
Horseradish needs to be used fresh, otherwise it loses much of its potency. Cooking too much will also remove some of its potency, but if that is the only way you can take it, cook it as little as possible.
The German E Commission suggests that between 3 to 5 grams each day (1/2 to 1 teaspoon) of freshly grated horseradish three times daily will kill most sinus infections. You should not consume more than that, however, as excessive consumption can cause vomiting, excessive sweating, and stomach cramps or upset.
When you have a sinus infection, the following recipe will really clear out your sinuses and kill the bacteria quickly. Give it a try!
The Horseradish Sinus Helper
- 10 Inch piece of organic horseradish root
- 1 Tablespoon of raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- A pinch of salt
- Using a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife, peel the skin off the root and chop into small pieces.
- Add everything into your blender or food processor and mix well.
- Be very careful to not let this potent mixture get too close to your eyes! Keep it at arm’s length and open the window or turn on a fan.
- Store in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
When you realize that you have a sinus infection, UTI, or other type of infection, consume ½ to 1 teaspoon three times per day, as the German E Commission recommends, but no more. If you are not accustomed to horseradish, start with the smallest amount until you become more accustomed to it. This mixture will keep up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator.
We have another recipe for you tea lovers. This will also work well for clearing up stuffed up heads, such as when you have the flu or a cold, even if you don’t have an infection.
Continue to Page 3
Happy Horseradish Tea
- 1 Teaspoon freshly grated organic ginger root
- 2 Teaspoons freshly grated organic horseradish root
- 2 Cups of boiling water
- Boil the water in a small saucepan.
- Turn off the fire and add the ginger root and horseradish root.
- Stir well and cover the pot.
- Allow to sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour through a sieve or cheesecloth to remove the roots.
- Add some honey if you like.
- Drink two or three cups each day.
Prevention is always than any cure, no matter how natural. Drink plenty of water to keep mucus thin and wash bacteria and fungus into the stomach where it is killed by stomach acid. Avoid sugar and fried foods and eat more organic fruits and vegetables. Consuming more foods that are rich in Vitamin A, such as carrots and sweet potatoes, can help your immune system build a natural defense against sinus infections.