- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Make Your Own Herbal Tinctures for Anxiety and Stress Relief
3. Passion Flower
This is an herb that is well known to help induce deep and restful sleep. It has been used by Native Americans for untold centuries to stop anxiety and seizures. If you find you have difficulty sleeping due to anxiety issues, passion flower should work well for you. Read the labels on any herbal tonic that says it helps to induce sleep and you will most likely find passion flower in the list of ingredients.
4. Oat straw
Like alfalfa, this herb is high in nutrients that are important for providing support for a healthy nervous system. This is another herb that is probably best used in conjunction with another calming herb such as passion flower or valerian.
Skullcap is an herb that can help calm your body by calming the mind. If you have ever had one of those days where you were totally exhausted, but too wound up to sleep, then you know what we mean. Skullcap can help to calm the mind so that the body can get the rest it desperately needs. If you have those occasional “bad days” at work, then skullcap is a great way to get some much needed relief.
SEE ALSO: 10 Easy All Natural Remedies for Anxiety
6. Valerian/Lemon Balm
We include these together because they accomplish basically the same thing and are so mild; they are even safe for children. Lemon balm will crush a tension headache in minutes while valerian is a well-known sleeping aide. Combined together in a tincture, you have a powerful stress reducing, sleep inducing one two punch that can’t be beat!
Continue to Page 3