- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Neroli Oil: The Essential Citrus Oil You’ve Never Heard Of
2. It’s great for your skin
You can use neroli oil topically to help keep your skin clear and radiant. Apply some to a cloth or a cotton ball and gently dab it on your face or on other affected areas to get rid of acne. You can also mix it with other skin creams to apply topically, which will help improve circulation and rejuvenate the appearance of your skin.
3. Aromatherapy applications
Inhaling diffused neroli oil can have a multitude of health benefits. One study in South Korea showed that women who inhaled diffused neroli oil experienced a substantial reduction in diastolic blood pressure. It was also able to reduce symptoms of menopausal syndrome. Another study had participants with high blood pressure breathe in diffused neroli oil mixed with lavender, marjoram oil and ylang-ylang. The researchers found that the participants experienced a significant drop in blood pressure and lower levels of the “stress hormone” cortisol in their saliva. In addition to simply promoting relaxation through its scent, there is now real, quantifiable data showing that neroli oil can reduce stress.
A report in the Journal of Natural Medicines also indicated that neroli oil has chemical properties which help fight both acute and chronic inflammation, and provide some relief for pain in muscle tissue.
Some people are more sensitive than others to essential oils and supplements, so try experimenting with just a little bit first to see how your body tolerates it. Remember: neroli oil isn’t a magic cure for poor health. Consider it just another tool you can use as part of a holistic approach to adopting a healthier lifestyle.