- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Putting A Face With A Name Makes It A Cooperative Effort
Have the person spell out your name
The first meeting is also a great opportunity for you to ask them how they spell their name. When a person spells their name, you can visualize it in your mind spelled out on a chalk board so you don’t forget it.
Use other words to associate with their name
When you find out their name it is helpful to ask them if they have a business card they can share with you. You can always jot down a few notes for your own reference in the future: color hair, funny, job title, etc. You can also bring in a few words to help you remember them as well. If a guy has a full head of hair and his name is Terry, Hairy Terry would help you bring him to mind even faster.
Try to connect their name with other people you know or celebrities
This tip works out great if you have a friend that has the same name. You can think of your buddy Eric if the new person’s name is also Eric. You can also attach it to a celebrity’s name that is the same to help you remember it as well.
Make a commitment to remember their name
Make a decision that you are going to work on your memory and remember everyone’s name as you meet them. Use the tips to associate words or images with these people and once you meet them a few times and are confident of their name you will have made a new friend and you will increase the future cooperation you will have with this person.