- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How To Save Money On Superfoods!
Those little “trees” you stood up on your plate as a child are one of the best and cheapest superfoods you can buy. Broccoli contains a multitude of compounds that are exceptionally good for your health. Among these are sulforaphane, which has been proven to help reduce your risk of developing cancer, as well as glucoraphaninin, which fights harmful free radicals and inflammation. Broccoli is also a great source of fiber.
One advantage broccoli has over many other superfoods is that it’s so cheap! It’s also a very versatile vegetable. You can add to a stir-fry, an omelet or a salad, use it as a side dish or just eat it raw! The possibilities really are endless.
For extra nutrition, consider buying broccoli sprouts. These little sprouts have greater concentrations of the cancer-fighting compounds than mature broccoli plants — up to 50 times as much!
4. Whey protein
This stuff isn’t just for bodybuilders. It’s one of the most efficient ways to absorb lots of protein without breaking the bank. In addition to helping your body build muscle mass and strength, whey protein powder can also help you recover from soreness faster, strengthen your immune system and help your body do a better job of maintaining proper blood sugar levels after eating.
Some brands of whey protein are definitely overpriced, but if you do your research and buy in bulk, it’s one of the most cost-effective ways to add lots of protein to your diet. Be mindful of which brand you purchase, as some varieties contain lots of sugar. Follow these tips and you can enjoy these four incredible foods and improve your health while saving money.