- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Scratching Your Head but Not for Ideas? 12 Ways to Stop an Itchy Scalp
4. Jojoba Oil
This is a natural moisturizing treatment that is very similar in nature to our own skin oil, which makes it a super hydrating and rejuvenating way to deal with an itchy scalp. You can warm some jojoba oil and massage it into your scalp before you shampoo or massage some of this healing oil into your scalp before bed and leave it on overnight. Both methods appear to work well for many people.
5. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice will help your itchy scalp because it contains natural antiseptic compounds. If your itchy scalp is due to dandruff, this method works really well.
If you have dandruff, apply the juice of one lemon to your scalp and leave on for 5 to 10 minutes, then shampoo as you normally would.
If you do not have dandruff, dilute the juice of one lemon in one cup of water and apply it to your scalp in the shower. Let it sit for a minute before you shampoo as you normally would.
Repeat each day until your symptoms disappear. Read more about uses of lemon juice for skin care.
6. Witch Hazel
This is a natural astringent that can help those with an itchy scalp. If you believe your itchy scalp is due to over-styling, hair coloring, or regular blow drying, this option might work for you. Mix one part of witch hazel with two parts of water. Pour this over your scalp and massage in for a minute or two, then wash your hair as you normally would.
Continue to Page 3