- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
- Do You Have Gluten Sensitivity? 10 Common Symptoms
Scratching Your Head but Not for Ideas? 12 Ways to Stop an Itchy Scalp
Are you getting funny looks from people because you are scratching your head over and over in public? It’s embarrassing, isn’t it? Although most people think that a scratchy head is due to poor hygiene, that usually isn’t the case.
The most common causes of an itchy scalp are due to skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, and fungal infections. Sometimes it’s due to external problems such as hair styling products, weather, stress, and dandruff.
If you are tired of having the itchy scratchies, we have 12 terrific ways you can naturally stop the itch, as well as those annoying stares in public.
1. Sesame Seed Oil
Warm 1 tablespoon of sesame seed oil in a small bowl. Pour over your head and massage into your scalp for a minute or two. Wrap your head in a towel and allow the oil to work for 10 or 15 minutes, then shampoo as usual. Repeat 2 or 3 times each week until your symptoms subside.
2. Tea Tree Oil
This oil has powerful anti-inflammation, antifungal, and antibacterial compounds that you will definitely feel working but can work wonders on an itchy scalp. You can add 10 to 20 drops of tea tree oil to one half cup of shampoo and allow it to sit on your head for a minute or two while you shower. Shampoo daily until you notice an improvement in the condition of your scalp, then once a week after that to keep the problem at bay.
This is a time tested method of improving the condition of both the hair and scalp. Mix about ½ a cup of mayonnaise with a tablespoon of olive oil and apply this mixture directly to the scalp. Massage in well for a minute or two, and then shampoo as you normally would.
Continue to Page 2