- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Amazing Things You Never Imagined Turmeric Could Do For You!
2. Increases the Antioxidant Capacity of the Body
One of the leading causes of aging, as well as many other chronic diseases, is oxidative damage caused by free radicals. Antioxidants protect the body from the damage caused by free radicals by neutralizing them. Curcumin is one of the most potent antioxidants in nature. In addition to this, curcumin increases the activity of the body’s own antioxidant enzymes.
3. Lowers the Risk of Dementia and Other Brain Diseases
Scientists used to believe that the neurons in the brain were unable to continue to grow or multiply after we reached adulthood. We know now that, not only are neurons capable of forming new connections, but that in certain parts of the brain, neurons continue to multiply. Most brain disorders are linked to a lessening of an important brain hormone called BDNF. Turmeric not only increases our levels of BDNF, it also reduces the inflammation that can lead to dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Reduces the Risk of Heart Disease
No matter what part of the world you are from, heart disease is the #1 killer. There are many reasons as to why this is but the one thing you should know is that curcumin improves the lining of the blood vessels in the body. This can lead more flexible blood vessels, which, in turn, leads to lower blood pressure levels and less blood clots. Curcumin also reduces inflammation and oxidation, which have been linked to heart disease. In short, consuming curcumin supplements can lead to improved heart health.
Continue to Page 3