- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Best 4 Ways To Get Rid Of A Cough Naturally
2. Salt water gargle
No, do not use sea water for this. You can make this very cheap and effective cough remedy with the salt you have in your cupboard right now. Mix one quarter to one half of a teaspoon of regular table salt with 8 ounces of water (warm water works best, as it makes the taste a little more tolerable). Gargle it in your mouth for 30-60 seconds, then spit it out. The warm salt water will relieve the scratchy, uncomfortable sensations in your mouth and throat that lead to coughing. This solution is best for adults, as children under 6 years old typically have a hard time with gargling.
3. Cleansing peppermint fumes
For this solution, you don’t have to drink the liquid; just inhale the aroma. Add three to four drops of peppermint oil for every 150 milliliters of water to a pot. Bring to a boil, then drape a towel or cloth over your head and inhale the cleansing fumes from the pot (be careful not to burn or scald yourself, obviously).
Continue to Page 3