- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Best 4 Ways To Get Rid Of A Cough Naturally
You can probably see a common pattern with the solutions listed so far. When it comes to removing an irritating or annoying cough, warm liquids can get the job done. Of course, you can’t use just any hot beverage—a cup of coffee or ordinary tea won’t necessarily work.
Try making homemade tea using ingredients like thyme or ginger. For thyme tea, blend two teaspoons of crushed thyme leaves with hot water. For ginger tea, chop up a piece of ginger roughly the size of your little finger and drop it into boiling water. Let it boil for ten minutes, allow it to cool to a drinkable temperature, and enjoy. Be forewarned: Ginger tea is VERY strong. Try throwing in some orange rinds to make it a little less intense. Peppermint leaves also make a good tea, and can be prepared in a similar manner as above. Peppermint contains soothing chemicals that break down mucus and ease pain in your throat.
Next time you have a nasty, persistent cough, try one of these time-honored natural solutions before reaching for the cough syrup. You may save some money and develop a newfound appreciation for home remedies.