- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Best Diet for Avoiding Both Weight Gain and the Flu This Year
2. Avoid the Sugar
No one is saying that sugar does not taste great; everyone knows it does, but it’s also terribly bad for your body.
Sweet treats abound this year and it can be difficult to avoid it entirely, but if you are going to indulge, do so by enjoying one moderate sized piece of something you really, really love. Sugar suppresses your immune system so eating three big slices of grandma’s apple pie might mean you are setting yourself up to catch a nasty bout of the flu.
SEE ALSO: Is Stevia Safe?
Opt for healthier treats and avoid the sugar train as much as possible to stop weight gain and the flu dead in their tracks.