- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Best Essential Oil For Colds, Flus, Sore Throats, And How To Use Them
2. Best Essential Oils for Sore Throats
To ease those painful sore throats, the best essential oils to use are:
- Tea Tree
Of course, the best way to use these oils for sore throats is to gargle with them. Add one or two drops to about 4 ounces (half a cup) of warm water and gargle for about 1 minute. Don’t swallow! Be sure to spit out the solution.
You can also inhale essential oils. Try adding about 2 drops of any of the above essential oils to the palms of your hands and rub them together. Cup your hands together over your nose and take in 4 to 6 deep breaths. Breathe in very slowly and very deeply for best results. You can make a “to go” bag by adding about 4 drops of your chosen essential oil to some cotton balls placed in a plastic zip lock bag. You can put this in your pocket or purse and use them anytime you like.
Essential oils also work well when used with steam. Place 6 or 8 drops of any of the above essential oils in a small pot of boiling water and drape a towel over your head, making a tent, and breathe in the steam for 5 or 10 minutes. Be careful not to burn your face. Find out also winter sore throat tea recipes.