- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Causes and Cures of MS
Although it’s very difficult to know with any certainty which supplements or in what dosages would be helpful for MS, there are a few natural supplements that seem to help most MS patients. Always check with your doctor before starting any supplement routine to be sure there will be no drug interactions.
1. Vitamin D
Studies show that there appears to be an association between vitamin D levels and the rate of MS relapse. Increased sun exposure might help to protect against the risk of developing this condition. Also, studies show that pregnant women with higher levels of vitamin D are less likely to develop MS in the years after they have children. Natural sunlight is the best way to get vitamin D as some studies show that an increase in foods that contained vitamin D did not improve symptoms. If you live in an area with little sunlight, consider supplements or UV lamps.
In laboratory studies, curcumin stopped the progression of MS. Find out other miraculaous benefits of curcumin.
3. Alpha Lipoic Acid
In mouse studies alpha lipoic acid showed to slow the progression of MS and in a human trial it showed a biochemical marker. Taking between 10 to 25mg of R lipoic acid might be helpful.
Continue to Page 3