- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Incredible Power Of Beets
4. Assists with respiratory issues
As a source of vitamin C, beets are able to alleviate the symptoms of asthma. Lung cancer is prevented by the beta carotene that is found in the beetroot. The wide range as an antioxidant that beets possess is as small as preventing a virus to prevent cancer.
5. Eliminates chances of cataracts
Beets consist of beta-carotene which shows up in its complete form as a vitamin. This vitamin helps with many areas of the vision health that suffers from ace related illnesses. Cataracts and macular degeneration both benefit from the powerful effects of beets and its beta-carotene.
6. Increases energy
Beets are one of the few carbohydrate rich foods that work in a positive way to extend and increase energy levels among sports fanatics. They have been able to keep the organs of the body working efficiently at their optimum level. Drinking beet juice has also been found to improve the uptake of oxygen by up to 15%. This is the highest amount of improvement including through excessive exercising.
Beets consist of compounds that are anti-inflammatory and reduce the activity of “cyclo-oxygenase enzymes.” It is the betaine compounds that help with these enzymes and they help to keep the proteins, cells, and enzymes protected. Betaine also helps to help protect from chronic diseases, the risk factors of vascular issues, and helps to improve performance levels.
Continue to Page 3