Top 25 Resolutions For Those With Chronic Illnesses In 2016
Isn’t it the time to consider new ways to perhaps accomplish some of the resolutions that didn’t work out in quite the way you wanted?
However, if you suffer from a chronic illness, you might feel like just making it through the day is an accomplishment. This is a time of year when you can become depressed, feelings as if nothing will change and that you have nothing to look forward to but more of the same symptoms that your disease offers you
You don’t have to let those feelings get you down. Get out a notebook or journal and write out a list of some of the things you want to accomplish and then some of the things you KNOW you can accomplish.
Whether it is simply taking better care of yourself, trying to be more patient with family member who just don’t get it, or taking a few minutes out of every day to appreciate the fact that you are alive, they are all terrific resolutions for YOU.
Below you will find a list of 25 resolutions that can help get you started.
Don’t let any naysayers stand in your way. Get out that pencil and start writing. Read through them at least once a week. You might be shocked at how many things you can do, even if you are struggling with a chronic disease.
1. Be kind to yourself and be forgiving for the things that you don’t have the energy for or don’t feel well enough to accomplish.
2. Find peace within yourself so that you don’t allow negative thoughts or negative people to influence your mood.
3. Have courage to answer curious people’s questions. Remember that most people don’t intend to be hard-hearted or mean, they simply don’t understand and are reaching out the only way they know how.
4. Allow yourself to get the rest your body needs, and don’t worry so much about all the things that you feel you “should” be doing.
5. Create or find a support group so that you don’t feel so alone.
6. Make time for YOU without feeling guilty about it.
Continue to Page 2