- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Powerful Effects Of Berberine (No, We Aren’t Talking About Carpet!)
2. Reduces The Risk Of Heart Disease
If you haven’t already heard, heart disease is the No. 1 cause of death worldwide. Although there are numerous factors for developing heart disease, one of the most common is high cholesterol levels. Berberine can lower your risk of heart disease by lowering your cholesterol levels. A recent review of 11 studies found that berberine lowered total cholesterol by 24 mg/dl, lowered LDL (bad) cholesterol by 25mg/dl, lowered triglycerides by 4mg/dl, and improved HDL (good) cholesterol levels by 2mg/dl. Some scientists believe that this plant extract works by inhibiting the PCSK9 enzyme, which leads to less LDL cholesterol in the blood.
3. Reduces Depression
Although studies are limited in this area and need to be conducted on human beings, initial studies are promising. One study involving rats showed that berberine fights the symptoms of depression.
4. Fights Infections And Viruses
This supplement has anti-viral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal compounds which can help to fight a wide variety of infection and viruses in the body, including the fungus infection Candida.
Continue to Page 3