- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
These Herbal Remedies Will Help You Get A Great Night’s Sleep!
4. Valerian root
Using barely hops extract can help induce deep, restful sleep that leaves you feeling rejuvenated in the morning. Some alternative health specialists recommend combining it with valerian root extract to treat insomnia. Valerian is a powerful remedy for insomnia in its own right. It has sedative properties and has been used for thousands of years to improve sleep, and it appears to work in a similar manner to passionflower — by increasing levels of GABA in the brain. Valerian also allows GABA to work more effectively, since it inhibits the production of an enzyme that attacks GABA.
Finally, you may want to consider lavender for improving the quality of your sleep. Lavender is well known for having a soothing and pleasant scent. Numerous studies have also shown that it can produce deeper and more satisfying sleep.
Lavender essential oil is usually used in a diffuser for aromatherapy. Like many of the other herbs and roots mentioned here, lavender appears to have a sedative effect on the nervous system, reducing stress and lowering the heartbeat. Lavender oil can also be beneficial when absorbed through the skin, and studies have shown that massages with lavender oil reduce anxiety and improve mood. For topical use, it is best to mix lavender essential oil with a base, like olive oil. Use or one or two drops per tablespoon.
Insomnia is a common problem, but the decision to take some external supplement or drug to assist in the problem should not be taken lightly. Sleeping pills can have serious side effects, so consider a natural alternative first!