- Starch Intolerance Could Pose Serious Health Problems
- What To Eat For Stress Relief
- Longevity Vitamins: These Could Be Key To Lifetime of Health
- Why Eat Ancient Grains? Infographic
- Five Top Teas To Improve 5 Top Health Issues
- Herpes Virus Could Lead To Alzheimer's, Review Finds
- Cozy Yoga For The Winter Season Video
Tips To Treat A Cold Or Flu Video
A cold or flu doesn’t let us function at full capacity; that’s why it’s important to shorten the length of an illness by staying in bed.
Statistics say that the most common forms of colds last 8-9 days. 25% of cases continue at least 2 weeks, and 5-10% can go on for longer than 3 weeks. Dr. Mercola reports that it’s important to optimize the immune system regularly, because a strong immune system is definitely the key to being healthy.
The reason for the flu and colds, says the doctor, is minimized sun exposure in autumn and winter, which means that the body lacks vitamin D. That’s why the first thing we should do when catching a cold or flu is to raise the level of vitamin D.
What do you usually do to prevent and treat colds or the flu?