- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 All Natural Anti-Viral Compounds
The flower Echinacea (Echinacea purpurea) has been used by the Native Americans for hundreds of years for medicinal purposes. It’s known to support the immune system and has a direct antiviral action.
Clinical trials involving the roots and flowers have been shown to reduce the duration, as well as the severity, of symptoms in patients with flu, viral bronchitis, and the common cold. You have most likely seen Echinacea for sale in your health food store because it’s known to work so well. Taken at the first sign of an infection, this flowering herb can greatly help speed up the healing process. It’s at its most effective when it is taken as a tincture over several months.
Don’t take Echinacea before you discuss it with your doctor if you have an auto-immune disease or any type of immune dysfunction. Echinacea is a super alternative to flu shots. Take it as a tea or as supplements and be sure you keep a supply on hand for the flu season.