- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 15 Contaminated Fish You Shouldn’t be Eating
8. Blue Fish
This is another fish that is tricky. It is a great low fat, protein rich source of those omega-3 fatty acids, but it can be full of dangerous toxins including PCBs, pesticides, and, of course, mercury. Blue fish can become contaminated from storm run-off, agricultural chemicals, and industrial discharges, but they can also be contaminated when they eat natural toxins of some varieties of bacteria, and algae.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 4 Powerhouse Foods You’re Not Eating but Should Be
Mercury is a natural element in nature that never, ever, breaks down or decomposes. It’s a pollutant that often comes from industrial factories. Mercury binds to the protein in fish, so it’s found in every part that humans consume. Fish that are caught in watersheds with mercury warnings should be removed, and predators, because they eat smaller fish, tend to have higher levels of mercury and other types of contamination than smaller fish, such as sardines.