- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Foods for the Over 40 Crowd
At least 25 percent of women over 40 have low iron stores in their body. Your body needs iron to help support your immune system as well as keep your mind sharp. The best sources of iron come from liver and/or lean read meat. You don’t have to eat half a cow; just 100 grams twice per week should do the trick. If you are vegan, eat plenty of leafy green vegetables, such as Swiss chard, broccoli, green beans, and spinach to be sure you get enough iron. If you have any doubt, try taking an iron supplement two or three times per week.
This diary product is similar to yogurt but is thinner in texture, so it’s in a more of a drinkable form. It has a great deal more probiotics than regular yogurt. You need to continue to support your immune system, and probiotics are essential to a healthy gut, where most of your immune system lies. Eat plenty of kefir and keep your digestive system happy and in good working order.
You need to eat plenty of fruits high in vitamin C, such as oranges, lemons, and grapefruit, to keep your immune system strong and your skin youthful looking. Keeping your body supplied with plenty of vitamin C will help you kick any cold or flu viruses to the curb much more quickly, which can help you avoid coming down with more serious respiratory illnesses such as pneumonia or bronchitis.
You need plenty of protein in order to help with weight management and muscle building. Chicken is an easy way to get protein, with one skinless breast containing about 60 grams. If you are vegan, try quinoa, rice, or beans.
Continue to Page 3