- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Foods to Help You Naturally Detox from Radiation
You’ve most likely already heard about the protective effects of iodine in thwarting radiation from binding to the thyroid gland. You should seriously consider having some iodine tablets on hand, as, for example, once word got out that the Fukushima fallout was hitting the West coast, tablets sold out quickly.
Radioactive elements will bind to the thyroid if the body is low on iodine. Most people in the U.S. are low on iodine anyway, so you shouldn’t worry about overdosing on this vital substance. Iodine’s protection is only good for about 48 hours, so as long as you skip a day in between doses, you should be good. Always take iodine according the instructions, and consult your doctor for proper dosage if you have any medical condition or if you are taking any prescription medication.
This is a single-celled type of algae that is super high in chlorophyll and has been shown to be a powerful detoxifier. Chlorella is often prescribed when someone has mercury poisoning. Take recommended doses of the green algae, which you can buy as a supplement, whenever you believe you have been exposed to radiation — even after a simple trip to the dentist or doctor where X-rays were required. Other foods rich in chlorophyll are leafy greens, bean sprouts, parsley, celery, alfalfa and spirulina.
3. Cruciferous Vegetables
Vegetables such as kale, cabbage, broccoli and Brussels sprouts all contain a powerful detoxing agent called sulfur. This substance has long been known to protect the body from radiation and remove the elements if one is exposed.
Continue to Page 3