- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Low-Inflammation Foods That Will Transform Your Life
3. Dark chocolate
It’s always good news when chocolate is recognized for its health benefits! Several studies found that there are microbes in our gut that are able to ferment chocolate into compounds that make them anti-inflammatory and heart-healthy. Choose a chocolate that has a 70 percent or more cacao content. The most effective way to eat your chocolate is… with a couple of a pieces of apple! The apple will increase the process of fermentation and help with weight loss.
After clinical trials, it was found that turmeric was as effective as most non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that you can buy over-the-counter to treat pain and inflammation. Isn’t that magical? Turmeric has been effective in reducing the pathways of two major inflammatory enzymes – COX-2 and 5-LOX. It has even made a difference in the pain experienced by those with arthritis. Try adding turmeric to your favourite homemade dishes – it will color up your rice or veggies into a beautiful golden as well!
Continue to Page 3