- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Of The Worst Foods To Never Eat Again
9. Non-Organic Produce
Unfortunately, while many people pile their shopping carts with plenty of fresh produce, the fact is that conventional produce isn’t nearly as healthy as most people think. Sure, you are still getting vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, but along with the good, you are getting plenty of the bad. Conventional fruits contain numerous pesticide residues which cannot be completely removed by washing. More than 98 percent of all conventional produce, especially the “dirty dozen,” is known to be contaminated with cancer-causing pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides, according to The Environmental Working Group.
One of the cheapest and easiest ways to fight cancer, which has been proven over and over, is to simply buy organic, or grow your own organic veggies. Chemicals used on our foods, including those found in the fertilizer conventional farming methods use to replenish the soil, contaminate our food and, therefore, contaminate the body. You can avoid all this by enjoying organic produce. Growing your own, even if all you have is container space, is a great way to drastically cut the cost of organic produce.