- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
- The Amazing, Edible Weed That Is Packed With Nutrition
- 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Avoid This One Type Of Food At All Costs!
- 12 Superior Herbs And Spices To Fight The Battle Of The Bulge
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Of This Delicious Tropical Fruit, And Don’t Forget The Seeds!
- The Morning Drink that will Give You a Healthy Liver
Top 10 Of The Worst Foods To Never Eat Again
You might read this headline and think, yeah, everything causes cancer, but the truth is that many foods DO cause cancer, as well as other types of disease. Many of the foods that we are accustomed to eating today are completely unnatural — so unnatural that our grandparents would not recognize them. Mother Nature never intended for us to eat some of the following foods, and others are so badly contaminated or foreign that our bodies do not know how to metabolize them or to process them. Thus, they end up doing strange things to our bodies.
Want to know some of the worst, cancer causing foods that you should not only just avoid, but never eat again? Keep reading for the top ten worst offenders.
10. Factory-Farmed Salmon
The Institute for Health and the Environment at the University of Albany states that not only is farmed salmon a poor source of vitamin D, found in wild salmon, but that it is also contaminated by flame retardants, antibiotics, pesticides, PCB’s, and other carcinogenic chemicals. This is mainly due to overcrowded conditions and the extremely poor diet that these fish receive. This causes them to need huge amounts of antibiotics, which get passed on to you via their meat. Although it costs more, the health benefits of wild caught salmon are well worth it.
Wild salmon has healthy amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, and other important vitamins and minerals. Although salmon might have some mercury contamination, if it’s eaten in reasonable amounts each week, this risk is minimal compared to the dangers in factory salmon. If you usually order salmon when eating out, ask if it is wild caught Alaskan sockeye salmon. If your waiter doesn’t know, it would be better to order something else to avoid eating contaminated factory-farmed salmon.