- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Uses For Tea Tree Oil For Both Your Health And Home
3. Treats Gum Disease
You can also naturally fight gum disease and kill the bacteria that causes bad breath by using tea tree oil. Again, do not swallow this, just rinse the mouth. In 4 ounces of water, add two drops of tea tree oil and 2 drops of peppermint oil. Use as you would any other mouthwash.
4. Repels Insects
You’ve heard all the noise lately about the terrible diseases that mosquitoes and ticks can carry: Zika, Lyme disease, chikungunya. However, the commonly used insect repellent, DEET, is almost as bad for you as the disease! You don’t have to choose, just add 15 to 20 drops of tea tree oil to one quart of water and shake. Apply this liberally on all exposed skin but be careful not to get it in your eyes!
5. Stops Ear Infections and Eases Ear Aches
Earaches are annoying and painful, and ear infections are even worse. Stop them dead in their tracks by mixing 3 drops of tea tree oil with 2 tablespoons of warmed olive oil or coconut oil. Pour some into the ear and tilt your head so that it reaches the affected area and doesn’t run out. Wait 5 to 10 minutes, then tilt your head the other way to remove most of the oil. You can soak up the rest of the oil with a cotton swab or tissue. Repeat two or three times each day.
Continue to Page 3