- Top 10 Ways To Naturally Get Rid Of Unwanted Body Hair
- 15 Of The Best Kept Secrets For Naturally Beautiful Skin
- Will An Apple A Day Really Keep The Doctor Away?
- Use This One Oil To Prevent Balding, Breaking Or Graying Hair
- Aloe Vera: Recipes That Are More Than Skin Deep!
- 12 Powerful Benefits Of Sesame Seeds
- Useful Tips For Treating Eczema Naturally Video
Top 10 Warning Signs Of Liver Cancer (We Never Imagined #6!)
Cancer rates continue to rise every year. It kills millions of people and maims many, many more. Perhaps one of the worst places to develop cancer is in the body’s main filter: The liver. For unknown reasons, liver cancer strikes more men than women, but either way, more than 30,000 people will be diagnosed with liver cancer this year alone. About 23,000 of those people will die from it. Although liver cancer typically spreads to the liver from cancer in another location, it can develop within the liver itself.
Cancer of the liver is now the fourth most common cancer in the world and kills more than 600,000 people worldwide each year, according to the World Health Organization.
The liver is vital for absorbing toxins and other foreign material inside the body. No matter how we try to avoid it, toxins and waste are a part of our everyday lives. It is our liver (in combination with other parts of the body) that enables us to live a mostly worry-free life.
The liver converts nutrients in the bloodstream and filters out all types of harmful waste and other foreign things that are of no use to the body.
The primary causes of liver cancer can be linked to basically three things: biology, bad habits, or disease. More than 50 percent of those diagnosed with cancer of the liver have had scarring in the liver, known as cirrhosis, which causes the cells in the liver to die.
The two main causes of cirrhosis are:
- Frequent alcohol abuse – Alcohol degrades the liver over time, slowly killing off cells. The liver can regenerate itself to a point, but while it tries to repair the damage, this often leads to DNA mutations, which then kicks cancer into gear.
- Chronic viral Hepatitis – This is caused through the exchange of body fluids, which leads to either hepatitis C or B.
The over-consumption of alcohol is linked to several types of cancer, including breast cancer, colon cancer, oral cancer, cancer of the esophagus, and liver cancer. Alcoholism can lead to heavy inflammation of the liver, which greatly increases the risk of cancer. Like smoking, alcohol consumption slows your body’s natural cell-healing process.
Continue to Page 2