- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Warning Signs Of Liver Cancer (We Never Imagined #6!)
Of course, there are other things that cause cancer, including exposure to chemical toxins, such as pesticides, building materials, working in the automotive filed, certain types of mold, and smoking. Even the prolonged use of anabolic steroids in men has been linked to several types of cancer, including liver cancer.
More than 75 percent of all liver cancer cases are men. There have been no studies revealing why this is, but many believe that men tend to drink and smoke more than women do overall.
Race also plays a part in your risk of developing this devastating type of cancer. Asian Americans and those from the Pacific Islands tend to have a higher risk of developing liver cancer.
Your age also plays a part. Almost 95 percent of all liver cancer cases occur in those over the age of 45. The most common cancer patient is a male over the age of 64.
If you are a diabetic, the risk of fatty liver disease increases your risk of liver cancer. Metabolic diseases that are genetic also put you at a higher risk.
Perhaps one of the worst things about liver cancer is that it has a terrible habit of showing up very late when it comes to symptoms. Liver cancer, in most cases, only begins to show symptoms after it is rather developed and has become serious. Some symptoms are common and can be seen in numerous other health problems or diseases, so it sometimes goes undiagnosed or misdiagnosed for years.
Continue to Page 3