- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 12 Herbs Known to Relieve Anxiety
How wonderful that something that smells so good can also greatly help with feelings of anxiety! Lavender (lavandula angustifolia) can promote a deep sense of relaxation, calmness, and even improve sleep. Lavender balances out hormones in the body and stimulates the immune system. This sweet smelling herb has been used literally for centuries to treat anxiety and feelings of restlessness. It contains 16 compounds that improve the mood, decrease anxiety levels, and offer a calming effect.
Aromatherapy is one of the best known therapies for depression, stress, and anxiety relief. When lavender essential oil is inhaled, these molecules enter the brain and interact with the portions of the brain that deal with emotions, the amygdala and the hippocampus. Lavender acts something like a sedative to these parts of the brain, relieving stress and anxiety. One study performed in 2007 showed that lavender could significantly reduce the stress hormone cortisol among men.