- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 12 Herbs For Optimal Liver Function
4. Milk Thistle
One of the most well-known, as well as the most popular liver remedies is milk thistle. This is found in numerous liver tonics sold in health foods stores and online. Milk thistle has antioxidants that have been shown by research to aid in the removal of toxins such as alcohol, stimulation of bile production, and the regeneration of liver tissue. The active compound in milk thistle, silibinin, alleviates liver problems by reducing inflammation and fibrosis. In 5 clinical trials involving more than 600 cirrhosis patients suggest that this herb can even reduce mortality rates due to liver problems.
Liver diseases such as hepatitis and cancer are helped by the compound glycyrrhizin found in licorice. Even the American Cancer Society mentions licorice root as a potent herb for problems involving the liver. One study shows that licorice root has powerful interferon compounds which can help protect the liver from dangerous toxins. Read more how to use licorice for relief of joint pain.
Beets are known to be a super natural remedy for your liver and have been used for this purpose for many, many years! The active ingredient in beet juice, betanin, has been shown to be very productive to detoxify the liver. Beets also have other several other beneficial substances such as pectin, which can flush toxins that the liver has removed. Whole beets are the best way to consume these, or beet juice.
Continue to Page 3