- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 12 Reasons Why You Should Consume More Horsetail!
4. Supports Healthy Nails
If you have weak, brittle nails that have those unsightly white spots on them, then horsetail might be the answer you are looking for. You can use horsetail both internally via supplements, and externally by soaking your nails in a horsetail extract. Soak about 2 teaspoons of dried horsetail in one cup of hot water for 10 minutes, and then soak your nails in the solution for another 10 minutes. Doing this two or three times per week, combined with a horsetail supplement, should strengthen those weak nails in about 4 weeks.
5. Fungal Infections and Chilblains
Since horsetail has anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antimicrobial compounds, it’s the perfect remedy for fighting foot and skin infections such as frostbite and Athlete’s foot. Chilblains are a painful skin condition that occurs when severe cold combined with humidity causes damage to the capillaries on the feet, which causes redness, itching, inflammation and blisters. You can consume supplements internally, and then make a solution similar to the one for nails and soak the feet in this warm water mixture for the relief and speedy healing of these common foot problems.
6. Soothes Sore Throats
Making a strong horsetail tea and then drinking or gargling with it is a great way to soothe and stop sore throats in their tracks. Since horsetail contains strong antimicrobial compounds, it can kill the bacteria that often causes sore throats. Read more about natural remedies for sore throat.
Continue to Page 3