- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 12 Reasons Why You Should Consume More Horsetail!
7. Bladder Issues/Bedwetting Problems
Some studies have shown that horsetail extract can help those with urinary tract infections, bedwetting problems, and weak bladders. For bladder weakness and UTIs, a warm bath with some horsetail tea is helpful, as well as consuming two or three horsetail capsule supplements each day.
8. Stops Edema
In the 2004 issue of Pharmacal Research, research was published which showed that horsetail had strong anti-inflammatory compounds and in studies done involving mice, it reduced edema (swelling due to water retention) by as much as 30 percent. The German Commission E has approved this herb for use as a diuretic for those with edema. Horsetail can also help restore minerals that are lost due to increased urination.
9. Respiratory Support
Making a tea from horsetail and consuming this 2 or 3 times per day was shown to help support healthy lungs, help heal bronchitis, nasal congestion and stop coughs. Talk to your doctor if your symptoms last more than 5 days. Find out more remedies to calm a cough.
Continue to Page 4