- Is There A Correlation Between Creativity And Not Socializing?
- 3 Excellent ‘Because’ To Why Sprouted Grains Are Good For You
- 7 Healthy And Easy To Make Salads For Each Day Of Your Week Video
- The Science Of Alcohol Addiction
- Hunger Scale And Guide To Mindful Eating Infographic
- Bountiful Year: What To Eat, When To Eat It Infographic
- Healthy Food Substitutions For A Guilt-Free Diet Infographic
Top 15 Foods That Are Natural Laxatives
Do you suffer from frequent bouts of constipation? If you do, don’t worry, you are not alone. You don’t have to suffer, however, or rely on those over the counter medications. It seems there is a cure in nature for everything and that includes constipation.
By the way, did you know that some gums end up being natural laxatives? Of course they certainly aren’t intended to be that way, but some sugarless gums ( and candies) that contain xylitol end up giving you that laxative effect, when consumed in sufficient quantities. Although this isn’t a good way to get your bowels moving, if your kids eat an entire large package of sugarless gum, or those sugar free gummy bears and end up with diarrhea, now you know why!
Take a look at the top 15 foods that act as natural laxatives and you will never need to suffer from this condition again!
1. Beans, Legumes, Peas
Beans, peas, legumes are all high in fiber and protein but low in fat and cholesterol. All of these things will help with digestion, and the high fiber content will help keep things moving in your colon.
This veggie is high in antioxidants and stimulates the enzymes that will detox your entire digestive system like nothing else can. Broccoli sprouts can actually be more effective than the mature vegetable. Read more information about broccoli benefits.
3. Raw Seeds and Nuts
Try to find ways to add more raw seeds and raw nuts into your diet such as flaxseed, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, and hemp seeds. These are all very high in fiber, protein, zinc and other essential nutrients.
4. Raw Organic Fruits
Most fruits are very high in water content, which not only keeps things moving, but helps the body to flush out toxins. Fruits are also high in fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins. The best fruits for constipation are:
- Bananas – These sweet fruits are naturally high in fiber and bulk, and great for promoting the digestion. Eating a banana each day will help to restore electrolytes and potassium to your digestive tract. Bananas also contain a compound called fructooligosaccharide, which encourages the growth of the beneficial bacteria in your intestines.
- Apples – Apples are high in pectin. This compound stimulates the bowels and provides bulk that is necessary for your bowels to move properly. One of the best natural laxatives around comes from apples, apple cider vinegar.
- Melons – All types of melons are great for constipation as they all have high water content. Melons are very easy on the digestive system as well, passing very quickly through the stomach and onto the intestines.
- Berries – Extremely high in antioxidants, eating berries on a daily basis are a great way to keep your colon clean. All berries are good for this purpose, whether they be cherries, strawberries, cranberries, blue berries, or raspberries.
Continue to Page 2