- 15 Super Foods That Will Keep Your Brain And Memory Razor Sharp
- 10 Sweet Ways Honey Can Improve Your Life
- 10 Things Your Nurse Will Never Tell You
- How To Be Full Of Winter Spirit: 25 Fun Yet Healthy Things To Do
- Smart Ways To Avoid A Nasty Fall This Winter
- Want To Have Warm Feet Forever? Try This Amazing Trick!
- Top 5 Tips For Better Brain Health And Clearer Thinking Video
Top 15 Foods to Avoid if You have Hypertension
Right now, in America, one in three adults suffers from high blood pressure. For this reason, the topic of dietary recommendations is quite popular. Generally, the cause of hypertension (high blood pressure) is due to a high sodium intake, low potassium intake, and a lack of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Those who suffer from high blood pressure are recommended to avoid foods high in sodium and fat. You should never consume more than 1,500mg of salt or sodium per day.
So, if you are one of the millions of Americans who suffer from this chronic illness, you should read the following list of the top 15 foods you absolutely must avoid.
1. Deli Meats
All processed meats are absolute sodium bombs! You need to include bacon, hot dogs, sausage, and even ham in this list as well. Deli meats are cured, preserved, and seasoned with tons of salt. Just two ounces of most lunchmeats can set you back more than 600mg of sodium. Salami and pastrami are two of the worst as they are high in both fat content as well as high in sodium. Once you add bread, pickles, cheese, a dab of condiments, and that quick and easy sandwich has become a bucket of sodium. Try sliced turkey breast fresh cut from the deli counter can be a good choice. A 2 ounce slice of turkey breast has about 440mg of sodium. Prepackaged turkey breast can have 529 mg for 2 ounces and only 0.5 grams of fat and a skinny little 67 calories. Some deli counters even have low sodium turkey breast options.