- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 15 Herbs For Natural Pain Relief (We Can’t Get Enough Of #5)
You might know this as a tea used to help you sleep, but the same compounds that make you sleepy will also give you natural pain relief due to their ability to calm the nervous system. Valerian can not only relive insomnia, feelings of anxiety, tension, but it also reduces nerve sensitivity. Valerian is most often consumed as a tea, but it can also be taken as a supplement.
8. Birch Leaf
Birch tree leaves (betula lenta) work in much the same way that cortisone does. This means that it can treat problems such as lupus, skin diseases, autoimmune disorders, endocrine problems, and many more. Birch leaves contain methyl salicylate, which is similar to the salicylic acid found in aspirin. Birch leaves contain anti-spasmodic, antifungal, analgesic, detoxifying, and astringent compounds. These leaves can limit the oxidative damage that causes skin wrinkles, and it improves circulation.
9. White Willow Bark
This must be the oldest pain remedy on the planet. White willow bark has been used since at least 500 B.C. in China, and it is well-known for helping stop back pain, nerve pain, and osteoarthritis pain. White willow bark is often taken as an extract or in a tea form. This is often called Mother Nature’s aspirin. It works the same way but has virtually no side effects.
Continue to Page 4