- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 5 Cancer Causing Foods and Top 5 Cancer Fighting Foods
2. Fried Foods
This is a hard one because they taste so good but potato chips, fried chicken, fried onion rings, fried zucchini, and the famous French fries have high levels of acrylamide, a well-known carcinogen that forms when foods are subjected to the very high temperatures of frying. This cancerous substance can form in just about anything fried at temperatures of over 250 degrees but French fries and potato chips have been found to contain the highest amounts of this substance.
Prolonged exposure to, or consumption of, acrylamide causes multiple tumors in animal’s studies. The International Agency for Research on Cancer lists acrylamide as a “probably human carcinogen.”
The National Cancer Institute, the Food and Agricultural Organization, along with the World Health Organization all state that acrylamide in foods are a major concern and more studies should be done. You should especially avoid foods (especially meats) that have been fried to the point that they are charred. (Sometimes called blackened) This is another well known carcinogen that causes stomach and pancreatic cancer. See more how fried foods are killing you.